If you want your epic tee shirts to last, treat them right. It's not just about washing them. How you store them matters, too.
Those treasured tees, vintage, nostalgic or just plain favorites, they all require special handling to keep their magic. Even though sometimes rips and holes can be part of the charm, when you wear them out in public, you want others to see them at their best.
Here are five vital tips to providing long life to you best tees.
- Fold Them Vertically: The first step in properly storing your vintage or special tee shirts is to fold them vertically. This helps to prevent creases and wrinkles from forming in the fabric.
- Use Acid-Free Tissue Paper: When storing your shirts, be sure to use acid-free tissue paper. This will help to prevent yellowing or discoloration of the fabric over time.
- Keep Them Out of Direct Sunlight: Another important step in caring for your vintage or special tee shirts is to keep them out of direct sunlight. UV rays can cause fading and damage to the fabric.
- Store in a Cool, Dry Place: To keep your shirts in the best condition possible, store them in a cool, dry place. Avoid damp or humid areas, as this can cause mold and mildew to form.
- Handle with Care: Finally, always handle your vintage or special tee shirts with care. Avoid pulling or stretching the fabric, and be sure to wash them in cool water using a mild detergent.
(View our entire AUSTIN IS COOL collection.)
When it comes to your t-shirt collection, don't hide them away. Your tees were meant to be worn and shared with the world. But remember, when it comes to those cherished fashion tees, wear them out, --don’t wear them out.