Among the most important psychedelic nightclubs of the entire psychedelic era, the Vulcan Gas Company stood alone as the premiere psychedelic club of Texas during the late 1960s.
It was the first successful psychedelic music venue in Austin, Texas, providing a concert stage for unconventional bands of various genres. The club’s management displayed a keen appreciation for both psychedelic music and the blues and featured artists that ranged from the 13th Floor Elevators, Conqueroo, Shiva's Headband and the Hub City Movers to Doug Sahm, Angela Strehli, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Johnny Winter and Canned Heat.
The Vulcan closed in 1970, just before the opening of the Armadillo World Headquarters. The new Vulcan Gas Company dance club which opened in 2014, adopted the name, but is otherwise unrelated to the original venue.
- 9 ounce 50/50 cotton fleece material
- Air jet yarn for a soft, pill resistant finish
- Spandex in arm seams, waistband and collar
Canvas Long Sleeve Shirt
- A classic long sleeve tee for any occasion
- 100% combed and ring-spun cotton
- 4.3-ounce and 30 singles
- Side seams with a retail fit
- Cover stitched collar
- 2 rib cuffs
- A cozy, no-nonsense hoodie
- 9-ounce, 50/50 cotton/poly fleece
- Air jet yarn for a soft, pill-resistant finish
- Two-Ply Hood and Front Pouch Pocket
- Set in Sleeves with rib knit cuffs and waistband
View our entire AUSTIN IS COOL collection.
(A portion of the proceeds of each sale of Austin-related merchandise helps to fight homelessness in Austin through donations to the following Austin organizations we support: Caritas of Austin, Front Steps and Sunrise Homeless Navigation Center.)